JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Officer, Child Protection & Case Management
JOB LOCATION: Bama, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
Under the protection sector in Northeast Nigeria, FHI 360 aims at improving the wellbeing of vulnerable individuals through increased access to psychosocial support services and integrated Gender-Based Violence (GBV) support and Child Protection. Key activities under the Child Protection sub sector includes:
- Improving access to timely and quality Case Management services for children at risk.
- Strengthening and Supporting Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms.
- Setting up Child Friendly Spaces to meet psychosocial, development and cognitive needs of Children affected by conflict.
- Protecting excluded children.
- Integrating Child Protection in Health, Nutrition, WASH, etc.
- Under the overall supervision of the Field Coordinator (FC) and technical supervision of the Technical Officer – Child Protection, the Assistant Technical Officer, Child Protection & Case Management (ATO, CP&CM) will oversee providing psychosocial case management services to children affected by conflict depending on the various vulnerabilities including child survivors of gender-based violence, children with special needs, and children in alternative care placement.
- S/He will oversee identifying the needs of the children and refer them to appropriate care to meet the needs of the children. Where appropriate, the ATO CP & CM will organize case conferencing and case meetings as part of case management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply the case management steps to provide individualized support to children in need of case management.
- Develop and implement the individual case planning for children in case management.
- Ensure regular follow-up of the implementation of the case plan for each child.
- Engage care givers, parents, and other key relations of the child in implementation of case planning with an aim to provide social support to the child to cope with different distress they may face.
- Identify special needs of the children and liaise with the ATO-CP to meet these needs.
- Provide confidential referral based on the best interest of the child to other CP service providers as part of case management; follow-up to ensure that all the cases adequately receiving needed support once referral has been made.
- Receive cases referred from other CP service providers and provide case management as required.
- Support and mentor the facilitators, community volunteers and Child Protection Committees to provide psychosocial first aid to children in need and their care givers.
- Identify gaps / challenges in service delivery and coordinate with relevant actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and accessible to vulnerable children.
- Complete and maintain case management records and ensure that they are stored in a safe and confidential manner.
- Submit weekly and monthly case management reports.
- Input all CP data into the CPIMS+ on a regular basis and submit to the supervisor for review and approval.
- Conduct a CP incidence trends analysis each quarter for purposes of learning, future programing, and advocacy.
- Practice self-care.
- Always adhere to the child protection guiding principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience with NGO or CBO.
- One year relevant experience in Child Protection programming including Case Management is desirable. Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in facilitating training and mentorship of local communities to support child protection activities.
- Mandatory fluent in English and local languages – Hausa, Kanuri.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding and commitment to child’s rights and child protection issues
- Ability to live in the field with minimum access services.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Dynamic, pro-active.
- Knowledge on CPIMS+ an added advantage.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Acts according to FHI360 values; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions.
- Solid understanding and working experience of safeguarding and accountability.
- Respectful, willing to cooperate with and support project stakeholders including colleagues, beneficiaries, local community, and local leaders.
- Safeguarding of Children FHI 360 is committed to protecting the dignity, rights and well-being of all children involved in its programs and activities around the world.
N.B: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|