JOB TITLE: Chief of Party
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa (KJJ) and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
The Programme will:
- Improve / build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalised children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions
- The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of the Programme, including: managing the annual work plan and budgeting process; creating / maintaining an effective Programme management team; providing technical direction, overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system; and coordinating activities and sub-grantees to achieve results.
- This individual will be the primary liaison with the funder, government stakeholders, implementing partners and other programs in KJJ.
- The Chief of Party will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The Chief of Party will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, manage diverse teams, and deliver results within agreed timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; (however Master’s degree strongly preferred) in Education, Public Administration, International Development, or related field from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of experience supporting complex donor-funded development activities in challenging environments with at least 8 years of supervisory experience. Prior experience as a Chief of Party for UK funded programmes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to program compliance and reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in complex or fragile contexts.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government representatives, non-governmental organizations, and community stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender and social equity issues in education.
- Experience working in the education sector in Northwest Nigeria. Knowledge of the barriers to education that girls and marginalized children face.
- Experience mobilizing communities to address barriers to education and reduce harmful social norms.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa preferred.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Chief of Party (COP)|