JOB TITLE: Chief Pilot
In accordance with Nig. CARs Part 22.214.171.124 & IS 126.96.36.199, the minimum initial qualifications for the advertised position are as follows:
- Hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with the appropriate ratings for at least one of the aircraft listed in the AOC holder’s operations; and 3 years’ experience as Pilot in Command (PIC) in commercial air transport operations on Large or Small aircraft.
- Note: Previous experience as DFO, Chief Pilot, flight safety officer, flight technical officer and flight training manager of an AOC holder will an added advantage.
The skills required include the following:
- Knowledge of the Nigeria Civil of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig. CARs);
- Knowledge of the NCAA’s five (5) phases of the AOC certification process;
- Ability to operate computers, including knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to use sound business judgement to resolve issues;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of Project Management;
- Broad Industry Experience;
- Ability to lead and bring out the best performance in the teams;
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with team members;
- Ability to work under demanding conditions, prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver excellent outputs;
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making skills.
As required by Civil Aviation Regulations, the individuals who serve in the above position must:
- Be qualified through training, experience and expertise;
- Discharge their duties to meet applicable legal requirements and maintain safe operations and
- To the extent of their responsibilities, have a full understanding of Aviation Safety Standards and Safe Operating practices and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: February 11, 2021
|Job Category||Aviation / Airline|