Clinical Associate (HIV Care and Treatment – Adamawa) needed at ICAP (Columbia University).
JOB TITLE: Clinical Associate (HIV Care and Treatment – Adamawa)
JOB LOCATION: Adamawa
Job no: 493205
Work type: Temporary, Full-Time
Categories: Program Management/Implementation/Support, Technical/Clinical/Quality Improvement/Training
Reports To: Care and Treatment Advisor
- The incumbent (s) will be responsible for the direct coordination of HIV services in RISE supported facilities in the State with the goal of achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control, improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming in Adamawa State in Nigeria
- Working under the guidance and direction of the Care and Treatment Advisor for the RISE project in Nigeria, the Clinical Associate will oversee the implementation of HIV care and treatment activities at health facilities in Adamawa State in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the direct coordination of HIV services in RISE supported facilities in the State with the goal of achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control, improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of HIV care and treatment services at RISE-supported facilities including but not limited to same day ART initiation; OI screening, diagnosis and management; ARV optimization; differentiated service delivery design and implementation (including Multi-Month Dispensing); retention strategies; institutionalizing specialized clinics such as viremic clinics among others.
- To provide technical leadership in communicating HIV Surge urgencies and evidence-based performance optimization in assigned RISE facility(ies).
- To provide mentorship and supervision to strengthen performance and quality of care through clinical optimizers, facility and community case management teams for achieving linkage to optimized ART, client education and retention, and management of virologically unsuppressed clients.
- To facilitate training and mentorship of facility and community based ART and case management teams.
- To assist in program monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- To identify gaps in equipment and consumables in assigned facility(ies) with prompt communication for appropriate for remediation.
- To support implementation of program Quality Improvement projects (including but not limited to patient satisfaction surveys, waiting time assessments, mortality reviews and SIMS assessments) from problem diagnosis, implementing remediation plans, tracking outputs of interventions and reporting.
- An advanced degree (MBBS or international equivalent) required.
- MPH and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the management of HIV care and treatment projects in resource limited setting.
- Experience in supporting ART facilities within the context and urgencies of the Nigerian HIV surge require.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervision of multi-cultural facility and community based clinical and program teams.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy with competencies in MS Office Suite required.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee development of comprehensive program reports.
- Experience facilitating small group meetings and trainings for ART teams.
- Travel within Adamawa State in Nigeria conducting site visits and capacity building activities.
Deadline: September 21, 2020
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|