JOB TITLE: Clinical Officer (HIV Care and Treatment)
JOB LOCATION: Niger, Adamawa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom
- Support program monitoring, evaluation and reporting through the collation, analysis and reporting of process, output and outcome level data to help determine the project’s impact on patients’ clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Identify gaps in equipment and consumables in assigned facility(ies) with prompt communication for appropriate for remediation.
- Support implementation of program Quality Improvement projects (including but not limited to patient satisfaction surveys, waiting time assessments, mortality reviews and SIMS assessments) from problem diagnosis, implementing remediation plans, tracking outputs of interventions and reporting.
- Liaise with State Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating HIV care and treatment programming through technical working groups, review meetings and conferences as requested by the State Epidemic Control Advisor.
- Work closely with the State Epidemic Control Advisor and the Program Leads for Care and Treatment, and Pediatrics and PMTCT to develop project work plans, monitor progress towards program objectives and timelines, including regular reporting to and communication with RISE leadership, USAID, and ICAP in New York.
- Document project training and technical assistance activities and contribute to the production and dissemination of technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other printed resources and toolkits.
- Stay up-to-date and serve as a repository on new information and knowledge in ART clinical management and programming.
- Routinely attend and provide appropriate technical leadership in program meetings, executing resolutions within her / his purview as appropriate.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned.
- An advanced degree – MB,BSMph or international equivalent.
Experience, Skills and Minimum Requred Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years post NYSC experience; experience in the management of HIV care and treatment projects in resource limited setting preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in HIV care and treatment
- Experience in supporting ART facilities within context and urgencies of the Nigerian HIV Surge preferred.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervision of multi-cultural facility and community based clinical and program teams (including institutionalization of relevant review meetings at service delivery level).
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy with competencies in MS Office Suite required.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee the production of comprehensive program reports
- Travel within assigned state in Nigeria conducting site visits for capacity building and program monitoring activitieswith occasional travel outside of assigned state.
Deadline: May 21, 2021
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations|