Consultant – National Health Insurance Scheme is needed at World Health Organization (WHO)
JOB TITLE: Consultant to Support the National Health Insurance Scheme in the Design of the Health Insurance Under One Roof Framework towards the achievement of UHC in Nigeria
Job ID: 2001505
Grade: No grade
Contract duration: 30 days
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
- To support the National Health Insurance Scheme in the Design of the Health Insurance Under One Roof Framework towards achievement of UHC in Nigeria.
- The NHIS is established by ACT 35 of 1999 (CAP N42, LFN 2004) and saddled with the responsibility of providing health insurance coverage for all Nigerians and all legal residents. The NHIS commenced operations in 2009 and has had single-digit coverage due to challenges which include; constitutional, operational difficulties and failure of states to buy-in.
- In order to encourage the states to buy-in into health insurance in the nation’s quest for Universal Health Coverage (UHC), NHIS decentralized the implementation of Health Insurance to the states in 2015. As a result of this strategic move, 34 States have already established functional health insurance and complementary schemes and are at different levels in the process of the implementation.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience of Consultant
- Advanced University degree (preferably PhD) in Medicine or related fields, Health Financing / Economics, Public Health, Social Sciences or Economics.
- At least 10 years’ experience and technical expertise in Health Financing, Public Health, Health Systems, Public Finance Management, health policy and strategy development, Strategic planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems
- Extensive Knowledge of Nigeria’s health system and health financing landscape including health insurance
- ICT Proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to government and multiple stakeholders and partners in Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
|Job Category||Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning|
|Deadline||9th April, 2020.|