Jumia Nigeria is seeking out candidates who are willing and able to work.
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Department: Company Leadership
Job Type: Full Time
The role holder is responsible for implementing the Jumia’s Corporate Affairs and Communication strategy in the following areas:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Government Relations
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Highlight high level issues relating to Corporate Affairs are addressed in the right sequence and timely.
- Develop strategy for public private partnerships and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. Driving CSR engagements with members of the public and assessing potential implication to group’s brand.
- Assists in localizing regional Corporate Affairs priorities in line with developing local strategies as required.
- Coordinate complex interactions with legislative staff, other local and state officials, federal agency staff and other government officials/staff.
- Establish and implement short and long-term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the government relations support function;
- Monitor and evaluates policy programs impacting the Jumia Operations in the industry of operation.
- Work with key stakeholders on consultative efforts to drive reforms that impact the operating environment.
- Develops and maintains up to date stakeholder maps used to implement pre-determined Corporate Affairs & Communication strategies.
- Represents Jumia Group in public engagements ensuring the group’s views and positions are well represented.
- Translating strategic business objectives into consumer centric engagement tactics
- Communication: working directly, frequently, with numerous teams to execute these tactics successfully against business goals
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and problem-solving ability to work with cross functional team.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- High degree of tact and confidentiality
- Strong reporting, analytical and negotiating skills
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from any accredited university in the field of Media & Communication, Political Science, Law or Business Administration.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience in Public Affairs or Corporate Affairs & Communications, preferably in any regulated industry.
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) is required.
- High level of adaptability to diverse and fast changing environments.
- Experience of working in an environment of cultural diversity
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
|Job Category||Supply Chain/ Store|