JOB TITLE: Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer
JOB LOCATION: Owerri, Imo
- The Credit & Savings Officer is responsible to effectively develop, manage and maintain high quality loans and savings portfolio; cross-selling the organization’s financial products and support the development of delivery channels and front- end technology to improve client’s access to financial services.
- S/he is also responsible in the close monitoring of repayment behaviors of client to ensure quality, while keeping client’s savings portfolio and other banking channels subscribed by clients active.
- The position is an entry level position for both experienced and new graduates and reports to the Customer Relationship Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions of a Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer includes but not limited to the following:
- Partner with Customer Relationship Supervisor in developing weekly/monthly plans with regards to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Maintain a good knowledge of assigned market geographical area and understand clients need with competing products.
- Research and develop business opportunities within assigned geographical zone and assist marketing department with market research and impact studies upon request.
- Market all FINCA Products and Services to potential clients by using the promotional tools as approved by management.
- Responsible in acquisition and management of loans and savings portfolio; Loan initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment.
- Conduct a thorough loan analysis to ascertain customer’s payment capacity and willingness; evaluate the credit risk before Credit Committee Meetings.
- Reduce liquidity risk by aggressively reducing dormant savings accounts.
- Ensure each loan disbursed are in compliance with FINCA lending procedures, policies and methodology.
- Prepare and present report as assigned by your Team Leader/ Branch Manager.
- Compile credit files with required documentation and hand over to back office staff for processing.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Branch Manager or Savings Manager in line with FINCA policies.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND with minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) in related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in credit or a client facing sales role with a financial institution.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Willingness to work in the field and travel within the state if requested – 80% of the time
- Able to work in the team and coordinated actions accordingly
- Strong ability of follow up and consistency in his/her actions
- Flexible to accept changes that might occur as a result of institution strategy
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Task calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/ Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Willingness to relocate and work at any FINCA location in Imo State.
Deadline: May 25, 2021
|Job Category||Adashe Savings Collector, Loan Recovery Officer|