JOB TITLE: Deputy Country Director – Programs
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date: 15 – 12 – 2021
- Nigeria is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis because of the ongoing conflict in the North-East of the country between the State and the non-State armed groups. With 1.8 million internally displaced people in the affected states (IOM, Displacement Tracking Matrix, October 2018) and 7.1 million people in need of humanitarian help (OCHA, Nigeria : Humanitarian Response Plan, 2019-2021), it is one of the gravest crisis in the world.
- The Nigeria mission has been opened in 2010 by ACF-US and came under ACF-FR management from January 1, 2019. ACF Nigeria is currently undertaking the following activities: Food Security and Livelihoods Nutrition and Health, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 500+ national employees and about 50 international employees.
- In addition to a coordinating base in Abuja the capital city, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- The size of team is 5-6 Heads of department, the technical areas of operation are WASH, Health and Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, and Social Protection. The position is based on Abuja, however it requires extensive travel to operational area which are insecure. Action Against Hunger reaches out to millions of people across 4 states of operation in Nigeria.
You work with the Country Director to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs-based program strategy that is responsive to the dynamic needs of the most vulnerable populations built on the program strengths of Action Against Hunger.
More Precisely, your missions will be:
- Coordinate technical country strategy and support provision of operational management and integration of all technical areas
- Oversee the quality implementation of ongoing programming based on robust grant management and monitoring and evaluation systems and the facilitation of Technical Department;
- Ensure Donor Compliance, Reporting and Documentation
- Representation with external stakeholders (donors, UN, partner INGOs and national and local government officials)
- Additional Responsibilities: the job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task;
- You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (experience in HR, projects and stress management)
- You have strong ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- You have excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- You are disciplined, organised and able to work independently
- You are fluent in English.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation:
- Monthly gross salary from 2,735 € to 3,185 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 203€ + 312€ net, field paid.
- + 150€ of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
Application Closing Date
- ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination
- Action Against Hunger programme in Nigeria is one of the most interesting and challenging environments one can work in. It offers the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of people both in the conflict affected North-East and also in states outside of the North-East.
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner|