Posted 2 weeks ago
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- BG Laurel International Services Nigeria Ltd/Gte, a company of Banyan Global currently implements the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria Health Workforce Management Activity. (HWMA).
- The HWMA is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Targeted interventions will contribute to (1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and (2) increased responsiveness to community health needs.
- USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to planning, recruiting, training, managing, and retaining its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self-reliance. This activity will contribute to the achievement of Nigeria Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective (DO) 2 A Healthier, Better Educated Population in Targeted States and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 Utilization of Quality Health Services in Targeted Areas and Population Groups Increased.
- The Finance Manager position is based in Abuja and reports to the Director, of Finance and Administration (DFA).
- This position is an integral part of the Finance and Administration unit and will work closely with the team to ensure that the project reports and activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards, national policies, and best practices on finance and operations.
- Provide support, specifically to the Director of Finance and Administration, on operations including but not limited to, human resources, logistics, payroll, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- Provide support in designing a USAID-compliant Financial Management and Reporting system and ensure project staff use and follow the system.
- Develop internal control measures for the award.
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices and other financial reports as required and provide required documentation for USAID-required audits.
- Produce financial and budget reports, provide support in developing procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor project budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, and monitor transactions to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Ensures project activities comply with all award conditions and state-specific special provisions.
- Support the Director, Finance, and Admin in developing cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Supervise the Finance officer and ensure that posting of payment transactions into the accounting software is done on a daily basis.
- Provide support to the field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management support and reporting and provide professional support to them.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants, and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain a balanced account
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration in providing security updates and advice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant fields. Master’s preferred
- CPA, ACCA, ACA, ACIMA, or any other relevant professional qualification is added advantage
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance preferably supporting USAID-funded programs in Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and/or supply chain management for the implementation of public health programs in low- and/or middle-income countries.
- Must be familiar with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying, and analyzing financial data.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Finance Manager|