JOB TITLE: Hotel General Manager
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
We seek a hotel general manager who can deliver or is willing to learn how to deliver on the following:
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, and standards and meeting the expectations of the customers daily.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage ongoing profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Keeps the Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with managers and ensures they do the same within their respective teams.
- Ensures compliance with all Hotel policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Establishes challenging, realistic, and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Hotel Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or a related major.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry with significant luxury and international experience, and at least 5 years experience as a General Manager.
- Other hospitality certifications are an added advantage
- High level of experience with top brands in the hospitality Industry.
- Knowledgeable of hospitality standards.
- Attention to detail and procedures.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with clients directly.
- Familiar with Opera PMS and other hotel software
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service with a client focus
- Effective corporate leadership and team management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, and Power point).
- N400,000 – N500,000 monthly.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title and industry as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: May 23, 2022
|Job Category||General Manager|