Job Title: Information Communication Technology Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
For every child, a champion:
- The ICT function supports UNICEF’s mission and strategic plan by enabling programme and operational effectiveness and efficiency through innovation, partnerships and providing ICT solutions and services in a timely, secure and safe manner.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Summary of the key functions, accountabilities and related duties or tasks include:
Management of ICT Systems:
- Ensure that ICT systems effectively managed to advance the productivity and effectiveness of the office work by implementing the corporate ICT policy, strategy, technology, and systems, as per CPMP requirements.
- Support and implement tools for information/knowledge management and knowledge-sharing to provide the vital and strategic information for managing and supporting the Country Programme the goals and targets of the CPMP and the Country Programme.
Infrastructure and Security:
- Ensure that the Country Office is provided with effective infrastructure and security.
- Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for effective administrations of corporate applications.
Network Administration/Data Communication/ Telecommunications:
- Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for effective network administration, Tele and data communication.
User support & assistance:
- Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for the user in the areas of information technology.
ICT Evaluation and Audit:
- Evaluation of ICT systems effectively utilized to ensure the strategic use of information technology and resources, improved performance and wider learning at Country Office level.
- Audit recommendations on ICT properly advised and implemented.
ICT Capacity Building:
- Ensure that the ICT capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in information technology management processes.
Communication, Networking and Partnerships:
- Ensure that all of the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication, networking and partnerships.
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent background, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training or appropriate experience in the fields broadly applicable to the job.
- Professional work experience.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in ICT area. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO).
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and another UN language (IP).
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station (NO).
- Additional language(s) an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness.
- Drive to achieve results for impact.
- Innovates and embraces change.
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Works collaboratively with others and;
- Nurtures, leads and manages people
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities.
- UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable women are encouraged to apply.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Deadline: May 30, 2023
|Information Technology / ICT