JOB TITLE: Internal Audit Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
- The internal audit analyst will provide assistance to the Group Head of Internal Audit with the development of internal audit policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the Group.
- He/she will also provide support to the Group Head of Internal Audit with the objective of ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls within the Group.
- In addition, he/she will assist with the coordination of Group quality audits (as and when needed).
- Assisting with the design of policies, guidelines, processes and controls of internal audit activities across the Group
- Assisting with the monitoring and compliance with set policies through mechanisms that measure and ensure consistent adherence by subsidiary internal audit functions
- Assisting with the coordination of audit plans developed by internal audit teams of various subsidiaries in the Group
- Assisting with the review of outcomes of internal audits conducted by all subsidiaries and provide assistance with the drafting of feedback to improve audit quality and efficiency
- Monitoring the implementation of audit recommendations across all subsidiaries through a Group-wide audit monitoring tool
- Assisting with the preparation of a consolidated view of all audit reports across the Group for the Group Head of Internal Audit
- 4+ years’ audit experience in banking, and/or other financial services businesses
- Experience in assisting the implementation of a risk-based internal audit programs
Skills and knowledge:
- Chartered Professional in accounting, audit, or risk management with 3+ years’ post qualification experience from a top tier university
- Additional qualification/certification e.g., FRM, CFA, CIA, CISA or related certification is required
- Some knowledge of the internal audit standards in Nigeria is advantageous as is knowledge about the standards of other African countries
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization and project management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good investigative skills
- Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Sufficiently knowledgeable on the various relevant Audit standards i.e., IIA, NCCG, etc.
Deadline: October 2, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|