Posted 10 months ago
JOB TITLE: Legal Associate
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide legal advice, draft, review and negotiate agreements and other documents relating to corporate/project finance/ capital market financing/ private equity/mergers & acquisitions/construction (JCT & FDIC standard forms)/ conveyance (Deeds of Assignment, Contracts of Sale, Lease Agreements)/joint venture agreements/Public Private Partnerships/ Service Level Agreements
- Researching on general legal issues affecting the company’s business operations and provision of legal opinions;
- Work closely with business units and senior management in providing hands on support in the area of legal and regulatory advisory services;
- Managing litigation matters in conjunction with external solicitors;
- Updating the unit’s library with laws and regulations affecting the company’s business operations
- Attending meetings as in-house counsel;
- mLiaising with external solicitors as required;
- Provide company secretariat services as may be required;
- Handling any other legal matter as required by the Head of Legal & Corporate Services
- LLB, BL;
- LLM & MBA maybe an added advantage.
Skills / Competence Requirements:
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Good knowledge of laws regulating operations of businesses in the country; particularly the construction, real estate, financial services sectors.
- Understanding of public private partnerships relating to real estate development and private equity.
- 5 to 8 years post call experience in corporate and commercial legal practice or wellstructured international real estate/ construction/financial services organization
- Excellent communication skills, confident, with initiative, able to work independently as well as in a team, action oriented with ability to prioritize and manage varied and fast moving workload;
- Ability to think strategically and adopt problem solving approach to issues;
- Demonstrates leadership with business clients and other colleagues;
- Must have strong drive towards learning and self-improvement
- Organization and co-ordination skills
- Team building/conflict management.
Deadline: August 31, 2022
|Job Category||Legal / Law|