JOB TITLE: MEAL Team Leader
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension
Mission / Objectives
- The MEAL (or M&E) TL is the focal point for collection and documentation of monitoring and evaluation information. He/she supports the programme teams through monitoring, data collection, data processing, mapping and analysis of the information.
- He/she provides technical support and training to the field staffs in charge of data management and monitoring, participates to the roll out of the accountability framework and contributes to internal knowledge building.
- He/she ensures recommendations and SI procedures are respected.
- He/she coordinates a team of monitoring agents for data collection, context monitoring and do no harm analysis.
- Residence of Zamfara state (position not open to delocalization)
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience as MEAL TEAM member
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken English and Hausa
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision,team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Centralize / follow-up creation and update of monitoring plans.
- Participate into data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Participate to the follow-up of recommendations.
- Ensure team weekly planning and follow up.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Contribute to the CRM standard operating procedures design
- Follow proper implementation of CRM standard operating procedures and refer all cases to the appropriate focal point.
- Participate in training field teams on CRM information plan.
Data Management and Mapping:
- In relationship with teams in charge of database management on the bases, centralize and organize all data on program.
- Support program team regarding the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires and other data collection tools.
- Provide methodological support to the program teams to ensure timely and high quality data entry and processing.
- Provide project related figures and monitoring follow up as requested by coordination.
- Maintain a library of maps produced by SI as well as other stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Follow up on the Internal Knowledge Building plan and provide data for IKB documents (activity forms etc.).
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in validating recruitment of his team
- Welcome and brief new employees working under his/her responsibility
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her project manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Represent SI when asked to do so
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Support the coordination and program team in the preparation of visual supports needed for presentation materials.
- Participate to reinforce understanding of SI fields of action, principles and modus operandi by the program teams and populations.
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured
- Participate into learning workshops.
- Studies: University Degree in a Humanitarian, Development courses or any other relevant field;
- Experience: 3 years of practical experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with local or INGOs;
- Languages: Good spoken and written command of English and Knowledge of Hausa, Shuwa, Kanuri languages;
- IT: Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis) and Kobo Toolbox.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc
- Select MEAL TL, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- This position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Deadline: August 11, 2021