JOB TITLE: Medical Officer
JOB LOCATION: Egbeda, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Principal Medical Officer
- Our client runs a chain of healthcare facilities that provide optimized and patient-centered healthcare services to patients/clients.
- They provide top-of-the-line services to all clients at the most affordable rates.
- As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization.
- Essentially responsible for restoring patient’s optimum health.
- The Medical Officer will perform health assessments, run diagnostic tests, prescribe medication, create treatment plans and provide health and wellness advice to patients.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and administering health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt a healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Assist in the implementation of policies/guidelines and management protocols for thepromotion of best practice in the hospital.
- Assist in planning and overseeing all patient care.
- Liaise with HOD/HR in the provision of clinical training and opportunities to staff forcontinuous development.
- Ensure compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies, and quality standards requirements.
- Performs minor surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency as directed by the HOD.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, dependents, and colleagues.
- Committed to lifelong learning and audit to ensure evidence-based practice and maintenance of patient safety and quality standards.
- Providing comprehensive general medical services as directed by the HOD.
- Screening for various Cancers and medical conditions i.e., cervical, and prostate cancer
- screening (VIA, Pap smear etc.)
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Safe Care standards.
- Attend to all emergencies and unforeseen contingencies.
- Assist in coordinating clinic activities including ANC, NCD clinics and others.
- Assist in coordinating all clinical activities including nursing, pharmacy and Laboratory.
- Involvement in quality improvement program in the hospital.
- Any other requirements as stated by Head of Department
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / BA in Medicine, Clinical Administration, Medical Science relevant field
- M.Sc / MA is desirable.
- Candidate must possess at least 5 years post NYSC experience covering different specialties.
- Candidate must possess current practicing license.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Proven experience as medical officer
- Professional experience in healthcare management
- Excellent knowledge and experience in screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in HIV/TB care.
- Patient Oriented with excellent counseling skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, team building skills.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using “Medical Doctor” as the Subject of the email.
Note: Further enquiries, call: 08135139335.
Deadline: June 13, 2022
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|