Procurement Officer is needed at World Health Organization (WHO)
JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 2001516
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description of Duties
- Advises the Head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center,
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plan ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization rules and regulations.
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Maintains the pre-qualified and assessed suppliers database
- Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI); providing reports, data and statistics.
- Provides guidance on procurement, logistics, contracting services to managers and staff.
- Essential: First university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Desirable: An advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Essential: A minimum of five years’ experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Desirable: Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||26th April, 2020.|