JOB TITLE: Programme Intern (Bauchi)
JOB LOCATION: Bauchi
- Support in carrying out administrative and logistics duties to aid effective programme delivery in the Bauchi State Programme such as raising partner financial requests, organise workshops, prepare letters, and correspondences etc.
- Support relevant officers in information gathering and research towards development of quality programme documents for planning, proposal writing etc.
- Deliver learning and knowledge management projects/initiatives including but not limited to writing reports; collation of reports, documentation, filing and sharing knowledge management / learning products.
- Provide support for advocacy initiatives such as meetings with sector actors and partners
- Provide support to partners to develop project implementation plans and review plans periodically to ensure effective programme delivery
- Conduct field visits to project locations to support partners in the implementation of project activities as maybe required
- Work with the Bauchi State Programme team to develop to manage as well as engage new partners and stakeholders.
- Support development of Terms of Reference (ToR) and budgets for activities and trips for the Bauchi state team, including supporting with developing activity/donor reporting
- Work with Communications and Media colleagues to update and maintain databases (stakeholder, publication, media hits) preparations for and implementation of campaigns, updating the advocacy scrapbook, learning trackers, and putting advocacy packs together for the Bauchi State Programme.
- Support the Bauchi State programme team with other duties as may arise.
- Completion of a 4-year Undergraduate Degree course in Arts, Social Sciences, or related field from a reputable university.
- Completion of National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) programme no more than 5 years before date of application.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate a keen aptitude and appetite for learning and personal development
- Demonstrate WaterAid values
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field.
- Computer proficiency (Office software, internet and email
- A Master’s Degree in any of the fields listed as essential.
- Interest in development career in development/NGO sector.
Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities:
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Willingness to learn: Demonstrating a willingness to learn new ideas using a combination of learning approaches.
- Self-motivation and Initiative – Ability to inspire oneself to take on challenging tasks and commitment to deliver work of excellent quality.
- Written and Oral Expression – Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Time Management -Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g., unforeseen change in context).
- Attention to details – Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities to expected quality with minimal errors.
Our People Promise
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
- In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
- We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
Deadline: November 8, 2021
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|