Posted 5 days ago
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Reports to: Senior Manager, Nursing Services
Purpose of the Position
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families.
- Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
What you’ll Do
The Registered Nurse will support EHA Clinics nursing department predominantly to:
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patient needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations.
- Attends to Home care visits when scheduled on-call shift
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrate the required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implement and monitor infection control measures.
- Apply safety measures related to patient care.
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care.
- Accountable for the use of patients’ and the clinic’s resources.
- Accountable to the patient, the organization, the profession, and self.
- Perform clerical duties when needed.
- Provide basic life support when needed.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects, and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Travel to patients’ homes to deliver care as required.
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the clinic management.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct and ethical standards of the field.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Diploma of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 2 years in the last 3 years.
- Must have at least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre, or International hospital.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing licence to practice in Nigeria.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to a higher level of care.
Annual Salary Ranges
Initial offers are based on years of experience and demonstrable skills. Offers typically start in the lower-mid range. Further salary increases and career progression is based upon performance within EHA Clinics.
- Lower Limit: B3 1,937,381.41
- Mid-Point: B3 2,726,090.20
- Upper Limit B3 3,835,882.67
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline|