JOB TITLE: Senior Advisor – Urban
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
- Want to use your skills in urban programming to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
- Join WaterAid as Senior Advisor, Urban to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- This role is part of our Programme Support Unit team, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical experts, specialists, advisors, and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH access to the world’s poorest and most marginalised people.
- The Senior Advisor, Urban will provide thought leadership in WaterAid’s urban WASH programming, co-develop and disseminate guidance and standards to be used across WaterAid and partners; collaborate with country and regional colleagues in designing and implementing high quality urban WASH programmes; and to engage externally to learn from and to influence the sector.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide thought leadership and strategic advices in WaterAid’s urban WASH programming.
- Co-develop and disseminate guidance and standards on urban WASH to be used across WaterAid and externally.
- Provide and coordinate targeted technical support in the design and implementation of high quality urban WASH programmes.
- Engage externally to learn from and to influence the sector.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join our Programme Support Unit team. To be successful, you’ll need:
- Substantial experience in urban WASH programming, including considerable experience in low and/or middle-income countries, demonstrated through a progressive career record.
- Knowledge and expertise of current urban WASH issues, such as sustainable urban planning, city-wide WASH programming, institutional and financial issues, the regulatory environment, urban utilities, informal settlements, and innovative technical options.
- Very strong analytical ability and writing ability in English. Experienced in producing practical knowledge products targeting needs of diverse audiences.
- Proven success in offering technical assistance, consulting, and/or advisory services to empower and to develop capacities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive tasks forward to completion in a timely manner while maintaining high quality.
- A team player, able to work responsibly, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups and culture.
- Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
This role is Grade F in County Programmes and a Grade 3 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale and depending on experience.
- Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
- A consideration will be that this post will spend a significant amount of time working with colleagues and team members based across the world. Up to 30% travel may be required when travel restrictions are eased.
- For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working.
- The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager.
- Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
- The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
- All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: January 9, 2022
|Job Category||Management Advisor|