Posted 2 years ago
JOB TITLE: Senior Supervisor, Security Operations Centre (Snr Supervisor SOC), G6
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – Security Information
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the CSA and direct supervision of the FSCO/FCT, the S-SOC/S (Nigeria) assists in the implementation and the management of the Security Communications Systems (SCS) in Nigeria.
- The S-SOC/S is required to provide timely and accurate technical advice to the CSA on the functioning of the SCS at the country level.
- The S-SOC/S plans, implement and develops standard operating procedures, regulations, applications for the SCS in Nigeria, including the training presentations, equipment maintenance schedules, and security advisories/notices.
- The S-SOC/S works in close collaboration with the UNDSS SIOC staff, the FSCOs, Single Agency Security Officers (SASOs), and stand-alone LSAs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure undisrupted functioning of SCS at country level.
- To ensure that the Country SOC keeps a 24/7 watch to collect all available info within AOR and send it in a timely manner to FSCO/FCT and the CSA.
- To manage the “day-by-day” functioning of the SCS/Nigeria.
- To monitor the security situation within AOR;
- To monitor/track/report UN movement and activities within giver AOR.
- To maintain and update the Daily Staff List at country level;
- To keep inform the CSA on gathered the security and safety matters.
- To supervise the activity and performance of the personnel within the SCS/Nigeria.
- To support FSCO/FCT to consolidate the integrated UN SCS in his area (GSM and Satellite transmission of data and voice for the UN AFPs).
- To maintain the availability of HF, UHF and/or VHF radio communication means for extreme emergencies.
- To assist designated FSCO/FCT in the implementation of the Area Security Plan;
- To plan and conduct communications training exercises and regular SCS checks/drills;
- To provide technical support to SOC/Ss.
- To manage, in close collaboration with DSA, logistical, procurement, maintenance, repair and financial aspects of the SCS/Nigeria.
- To advise the CSA of practical means to enhance communication capability.
- To draft and disseminate the Security Information Threat (STIs) notices, alerts, warnings, advisories, and updates.
- To draft and disseminate Daily Media Monitoring Reports;
- To conduct any other task directed by the CSA.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security program within given AOR through the functioning, effective, and efficient communications of information and instructions, particularly during an emergency situation.
- The functions and associated key results ensure UN policy compliance and practical capabilities throughout the AOR, whilst ensuring the ability to communicate globally as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School and Technical qualification in Communications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is desirable and so not a requirement.
- Recognized certificates in radio communication is desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in practical communications implementation, preferably in the military or police context, or related field of work.
- Prior experience with the UN system or international NGOs is an advantage.
- Fluency in English language.
- Respect for diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Managing Performance
- Building trust
- Judgment/decision making.
Important Applicant Information
- All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment. Applicant information about UNDP rosters.
Deadline: June 23, 2021
|Job Category||Security / Intelligence, Supervisor|